2006 Larson 208 LXi Manual

HawkQFI

Cadet
I just bought a 2006 Larson 208 LXi. It came with a very generic operators manual that really doesn't describe anything on the boat. Such as what the red toggle switch does in the rear ladder storage area, a wiring diagram, how to use the rear shower attachment etc or how to get at the rear speakers (Rear right and front left don't work). I only had the boat for a couple of days to really look at until I had to stick it in storage until summer. Appreciate any help.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome to iboats

You arent likely to find any more info then you already have in hand.

Not like car/truck manuals

No reason for me to know, but as you describe a rear shower, I'd speculate the toggle switch is for the pump that runs the shower....

For sure you wont find info on how to remove and replace stereo speakers, even if they are factory speakers.

Congrats on your new to you boat.

HawkQFI

Cadet
Thanks very much. You are quite right, I wrote to Larson and was told that what I had was it. The rear shower is a small hand one which is stowed on the left aft on the transom. I saw the toggle switch and it's not labeled so it had me scratching my head...lol
Pity there isn't more info out there. A market opportunity perhaps!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Unfortunately, unless someone has the same year and model, it'll be tough to get answers. But post some pix, maybe someone can help.

DaddyAirtime

Cadet
I have the same model and year. The washdown/shower is push button activated. You open the line, the pump turns on, you close the line and the pump stops. The switch to turn the pump on is located on the dash. It is the same switch that operates the depth finder, just the other direction. Most of the pumps used are safe to operate dry but maybe it's best to wait until you are in the water. The inlet should be just to the side of your drain plug, covered with a plastic mesh screen.

The button you are referring to in the ladder storage well is a battery switch. Some Larson lxi models have them and some don't. Mine did not, but I had researched this previously. Do you have two batteries? If so, check the back side of that switch by looking in the engine compartment. If the power wires are running to it and the engine then that is what it is.

HawkQFI

Cadet
DaddyAirtime - Quite right it's a battery switch, took me a while to figure out why the boat wouldn't crank at one point..lol. I don't have two batteries but I guess it allows me to add a second one. Learnt a lot about the boat this past summer. Unfortunately she is full of anti freeze and laid up until next April-May.