Access to Helm

jforrest1

Seaman
I have a 2002 Larson Cabrio 310 and I am looking to upgrade my chart plotter. I provided a couple of pictures to aid in pointing out what I am trying to describe and who doesn't like pictures! I was wondering where I could get access for the flush mounted unit. A possible option, I think would be in the cabin area. This is on the backside of the helm and the area where the grab handle is located looks like it may be able to be removed and might provide some access. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the boat now as she is stored for the winter. I guess another possible option would be to remove the wood panel where the gauges are; but I'm not sure that would provide the access I need.

Attachments

• photo235472.jpg
    photo235472.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo235473.jpg
    photo235473.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
jforest1, it that line running crosswise in the first picture just for looks or is that a separation joint? And what about from under the helm section. Is there anything there to allow to get to those units?

jforrest1

Seaman
I think the line you maybe referring to is pin striping. Nothing that I saw that would allow access from under the helm. I had a Chris Craft 21' cuddy and it had plugs that once removed, gave access to screws to be able to remove the padded "cabin wall" behind the helm. I was wondering if that section that has the grab rail would be something similar. There has to be a way to get in there.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
On the left grab rail panel there appears to be screws on the lower part. Can that panel be removed for access to behind the helm?

jforrest1

Seaman
Those are what I think are the decorative plugs that manufacturers will put over the screws to cover them up. I didn't really look at them before and now I can't access the boat until spring so I was hoping someone may know.