Lenco Tabs on a 186 DC

rdelar01

Recruit
Hello:
Does anyone have a 186DC with Lenco tabs installed? What model did you use? Could you please share some pics of your install? I'm concerned about the swim platform/ladder on the port side.
Thanks,
Roger

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lenco Tabs on a 186 DC

Hey rdelar, welcome aboard!! You may want to consider posting a somewhat different thread in our generic Boat Topics section ^^^^^ Although we usually don't like duplicate threads you will get more action up there and yet you might also get lucky down here.

What I am thinking is if you posted some pics of your transom in the generic section, described your concerns (swimstep etc) then some might be able to help from a non-make specific angle. Personally I am very happy you have decided on adjustable tabs for a boat that is smaller than some think should have them. I think adjustable tabs are the single best improvement you can make to any v-hull regardless of size with the only caveat being cost. Good on ya!!

pulleja

Cadet

You will need to replace the swim platform to the one with the hole for the tab.This is a factory part so they should be able to get you one.Here's a pic for you.

Attachments

• 2169828_6.jpg
    2169828_6.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0

rdelar01

Recruit

Thanks for the pic. I actually emailed Key West, and they recommended drilling/cutting a hole through the platform. So, that's what did and it came out great (Having friends with proper tools helps, too.) We plan on running the wiring today or tomorrow and will post pics of the completed install.
Thanks!
Roger