New Key West 1520CC Owner

psrider

Cadet
Re: New Key West 1520CC Owner

Finally, I think I was able to place a picture on hear. If in fact I have, I will take some of the Hydro-Foil and the 2hp Honda kicker. This area is a nice area. Matter of fact, the engineer who was head of all 8 of the Alabama Power Co. lakes aquatics program just built a house 4 lots down from me. He said he chose this lake over all of them. Real good fishing here for bass, crappie, bream, and catfish. There are more birds than you can believe, like great blue herons, white egrets, tons of geese and ducks, and a few bald eagles.
psrider

Attachments

• our key west 001.JPG
    our key west 001.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 0

PSkiffy

Cadet

Hi folks,
I just recently bought a 2001 Key West 1520 with a 50 hp Johnson 2 stroke. She moves pretty good with the 50 hp. I'm having similar problems to those mentioned with water coming throuch the side scuppers. It sounds like you guys have some plugs that you're using to deal with the problem. What plugs are you using, and where did you get them. My scuppers have this internal cross-hatch part that won't allow a straight plug to be put in...does yours have that? Not sure if I'm explaining things right. Any help would be appreciated!

Pat

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 2008 1520CC. Some scupper plugs came with it. They're just a round plug about 1 3/4 with a ring to pull them out. But I also bought some tapered rubber plugs at Ace Hardware that I think work better. I always leave them in when I go out. I think both of them were like $5.

Thanks,

KWB

PSkiffy

Cadet

Thanks KWN. I think the scuppers changed at some point with the later models of the 1520. Mine discharge through the side, are pretty big, and have these internal pieces that seem to make it difficult to put in a regular plug. I think Big Wig's is the same as mine. You can see one of his in the picture he posted...It's below the "E" in Key West, right at the waterline.

Pat

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine are at the back of the deck against the storage compartment that goes under the seat about 6" from the side of the hull. I've heard there's some scupper ball valves thats supposed to help stop the water from backing in.

KWB

Tugmate

Recruit

I am proud to say I just bought not only my first boat but a Key West 1520! Very excited to say the least. It is a 2005 and in great shape. 60hp yamaha 2 stroke. I am looking to put a bimini top on it and also get a bow cushion. The bow cushion will stay home when out fishing but put it on for cruising and beaching it. Can anyone give me an idea of cost related to these items or recomend anyone in South Florida that does good work? Thanks