216 bay reef - switch seat to leaning post

tleal

Recruit
My 2005 216 bay reef came with a cooler seat. I want to switch to a leaning post. Does anyone have recommendations on which one to buy, and how to install.

troypolla

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 216 bay reef - switch seat to leaning post

contact your Key West dealer. They are more expensive through them I am sure but they are factory fit.

Melvin Hatcher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My 2005 216 bay reef came with a cooler seat. I want to switch to a leaning post. Does anyone have recommendations on which one to buy, and how to install.

Tleal,

Keep us posted on your seat to leaning post conversion. I have a 2003 1900 CC that came with a cooler seat and I want to convert to a leaning post. I called one dealer and he quoted me $1000.00 for leaning post then later he would discount it to $900.00. I just listen to him for a while and said talk to you later.

Regards,

gene pline

Cadet

There are many ways to save money and cut out middlemen.Contact a local welder and have them make one to your specs.Then you have local recourse if you have a problem.There are even adjustable leaning posts available from several manufacturers.

I don't know about a local welder or fab shop. They will not have the "tooling" for the leaning post. Someone has to have all the necessary arbors and presses to make all the appropriate bends and weld points. A local welder will charge much much more. AND it will not be anodized. To anodize the entire t top would be a minimum of $200. They are very large, they will need a special tank to be dipped into.
The best bet is Ebay. There would definately be someone selling a leaning post for under $900. I want to do the same thing you speak of, remove the cooler seat and get the leaning post, but the cheapest one I've found is $850. It doesn't include shipping but it does have the rocket launcher back rest. I would normally encourage people to make their own stuff, but not in this case. Unless bottomless pockets are something you have.

Grits

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello Everyone,

I thought about the same thing but decided against it do to the type fishing I do. There is a company on the gulf coast that specializes in building T-Tops and leaning post. I may take me to the first of the week but I will find out who it is.

Grits

Melvin Hatcher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello Everyone,

I thought about the same thing but decided against it do to the type fishing I do. There is a company on the gulf coast that specializes in building T-Tops and leaning post. I may take me to the first of the week but I will find out who it is.

Grits

Keep us posted..

Regards,