• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Key West Internal Fuel Tank Leak

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key West Internal Fuel Tank Leak

What model year is the boat. It may very well be covered by warranty. I have noticed a strong odor of fuel when I open the console of my 2002 model, but have noticed no leakage at all. I replaced a bad fuel gauge sensor recently, and found no sign of leakage, but that fuel odor does concern me. I would definitely contact Key West, either directly, or through your dealer. From what I know, they usually are very good about correcting problems.

Re: Key West Internal Fuel Tank Leak

we sell the Key West line and a couple of times we've seen where they used too long of a screw and punctured the fuel fill hose when they screwed down the center console8)

Comment

Re: Key West Internal Fuel Tank Leak

Dick, I have a 1993 1720 and have the same problem. Did you fix your leak? If so, where was it leaking? I don't want to rip up my floor if I don't have to. Thanks.

Originally posted by Dick
      It is 1996 so warranty is out. I tried to contact Keywest but no replay except the tell me the closest dealer to me. I bought the boat used in FL and now live in TX. I called a dealer in Dallas and they said they could fix but I would need to bring it in before they could give me a price. I live 2.5 hours away and just havn't had the time to go there. Since the tank is captive in the hull , the hull would have to be cut open and refiberglassed in after the tank was repaired or replaced.

Comment

Working...
      X