Kenner boats, anybody knows about them ?

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just purchased a 2000 21' Kenner Boats center console as project boat. It need some fiberglass work on front deck.<br /><br />Does anybody know if they are good/middle/bad quality boats ?<br /><br />It appears to be a simple construction.<br /><br />Thanks.

D

DJ

Re: Kenner boats, anybody knows about them ?

Valv,<br /><br />They, Kenner, enjoy an excellent reputation among flats and inner coastal fisherman along the Florida coast and Gulf of Mexico. <br /><br />A great find in Minnesota. Nobody there, will know what it's worth or what it is.

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was actually a TX boat, looks nicely built, I hope I can fix it, right now I am concentrated on motor.<br /><br />I actually like the V/Tunnel hull combination, it's got to be great on our lakes.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hi Valv... I've looked at a few different Kenner models very closely (I'm VERY pickey, epsecially in the fiberglass work)...<br /><br />I would have to say that they are "middle of the road" in the quality department... <br /><br />Some that I have looked at with the rough insides and no inner liner, (raw glass, gelcoated with a brush, and "webbing") had some nasty sharp edges and little places where the glass would "get ya" if you were'nt careful... :eek: <br /><br />If it's a model with a full inner liner, then, no worries... :)

rsgonza

Seaman

Valv. What you have there is a very good quality Boat.I to have done my homework chosing a boat and i must say i think i chose the right boat.These boats carry a high rep.I just bought a 18.6 kenner boat.good luck

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Valv: Does it have the platform up over the motor for poling the boat along the saltwater flats? I'd be interested in hearing what your fellow boaters up there in MN ask about it. I wouldn't think that they had ever seen one before. Kenners are good boats.