kenner boats

phfcpa

Recruit
Lppking at a 19 ft new vision. Anybody know about Kenner boats, their quality, durability, anf ride in the small seas in south florida? Bass pro is selling them. Someone told me to stay away, but search for a triton, etc.<br /><br />Looking for best combination of flats, and 1-3 foot ocean seas- for fishing with my 18 and 19 year old boys.<br /><br />My 1st boat-new or used. New are expensive, but how can you tell the maintenance/ condition of used boats. And dealers vs, individuals?<br /><br />Sorry for the lenghty question. Any suggestions on where to turn to get reliable answers?<br /><br />Thanks much in advance.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: kenner boats

The 19' bay boat may be a little small for open water. If it has to be a 19, the "deep" 19 center consoles don't draft a lot more than a bay boat.<br /><br />I would expect Kenner to give good bang-for-the-buck. Triton is higher quality and higher price to go with it. There are a great many bay boats on the market now. You could also look at Cape Horn and Sea Hunt, just to name a couple.<br /><br />On shopping used boats, make any sale conditional on inspection by your mechanic. Not only will a used boat save money, it will also be easier to turn around and sell. In case you change your mind.<br /><br />Here is another thread on Kenner - Kenner boats, anybody knows about them ? <br /><br />For these links to work you will have to register at www.TheHullTruth.com first. But there is a lot of info there -<br /><br /> New Bay Boat <br /><br /> Kenner Boats <br /><br />Kelly Cook

meyc

Recruit
Re: kenner boats

wasn't happy with my kenner was wade fishing in the boat not self bailing deck bought brand new had hell getting money back but did. I have been in amany a boat and never had that problem but i learned to take boat out first then buy not to take reputation for face value. It was however the finest riding boat i have been in was the cadilac. The inner deck was below the water line therefore the scuppers let water in to the boat instead of draining i wasn't the only one iether talked to many other 18ft 135 owners who had same problem. some just left plugs in. And one guy drilled holes in deck to allow the water to go into the bilge for the pump. Not me i am not going to have new boat $17,000 and not be right