My Javelin 379 FS

tomstehr

Seaman
I recently d something rather brave I suppose... I am currently deployed and I bought a boat I saw online. As the title states, it is a Javelin 379 FS '96 year model with a Mariner 150 hangin on the back. I went home on leave a few weeks back and finally got to see it with my own eyes. I was very pleased with myself. Unfortunately, the weather didn't turn out the way it was forecast and I only got on the water twice during my two weeks. Of course, that gave me a chance to give it a good look over and discover the tilt trim motor locked up. Pretty easy fix once i got the new pump. During my first outing i discovered my prop slipped, or spun the hub. It is an aluminum prop with a 24p. I am curious as to wether anyone else has a similar boat and if so, what pitch are you running? Or, what would you suggest? I plan to fish mostly, but wouldnt mind pullin a tube or skier, or handing the wheel to somebody so I can tube behind it. Also, I noticed the engine is up high on the mounting holes, so someone was trying to get a good pad height with the motor. Kinda went the long way around to get here, but hope somebody doesnt mind reading a bit to get to the meat an potoatoes of it. Thanks!

tomstehr

Seaman
Re: My Javelin 379 FS

Ok.. Maybe I was a bit long winded. So, my primary question is.. does anyone else have a 379 with a 150 hp and what do you run on your prop set up, or what would you suggest as a start point?

tomstehr

Seaman

Well, not even a welcome to the Javelin owners club or anything? I know there are a lot of variables in boat set up, but thought someone might have a good start point.. One suggestion I got from a freind was go with a comp. prop or piranah so I can just buy pitch blades. Any ideas on that?

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, I usually get emails stating updates on this forum, but for some reason I just a notice for this thread...

Welcome the the Javelin club!

I own a 396FS with a 140, can't remember what I have for a pitch on my prop, its been in storage for the winter. I can get you my pitch this weekend when I head out to get it out...

tomstehr

Seaman

Awsome! I was beginning to think I was all alone in this forum! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Hope you have a great weekend boating too!

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks! You too! If you can get out that is :)

Yeah, it can get pretty quiet in here sometimes.

tomstehr

Seaman

I wish I could get out boating! But, alas... I am a victim of myself I suppose. Commited myself to 6 more years in the Army and as a reward, I got deployed two months later! Go figure.. Have fun though and if you drink, have one for me!

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, here are my prop pitches...

Stainless steel - 13.375 x 17
aluminmum - 13.25 x 17

I will have one for you ;)

tomstehr

Seaman

Wow! Thanks. I am wondering if I am over propped with a 24p then? Guess I will have to wait till I get home to find out!