Any javelin owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadillacsCowgirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Any javelin owners out there?

We recently purchased an '89 396fs with a freshly built GT150, bored 30 over, Raker SS prop. Boat was
garage kept and well maintained. She cruises at an easy 55mph, and tops 70+mph. Very smooth at speed. I have learned that trim is everything with her speed, handling, and holeshot. Lots of room, we really like the boat to cruise or fish. Saw in a previous post about boat standin g on end for about 3seconds before planing. Trim the motor all the way down and then bring it up once on plane. Tabs will also help with that and the chine walking I saw in another post. The only major repair we've had is resealing the hull to deck joint. As I said, great boat! Thanks to all and enjoy your Javelins!

sergio10ca

Recruit

any link where I can buy that beautiful top?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Scott, I just bought the same thing a 1989 Javenlin 396 FS Evinrude 200 XP. With some "minor problems" but what a nice boat even better with my new pyle marine system. So far I replaced the oil/fuel pump 356.00, the powerpak 221.00, 6 coils 180.00, steering cables 363.00, 6 carb kits 180.00 (could've gotten by with one) new plugs and wires, but it was bogging when cold , I took it the Evinrude Dude and he found the stator was going bad, leaking that tar onto my timer base, so a new stator and I'm set. I've had it at 55mph on gps, hoping the new stator along with the freed up timer will get me up to 65. So far I have done all the work myself, but the evinrude dude said that I had done my homework, and was impressed with the work, and also eliminated alot of troubleshooting for him. Hope your new to you Javenlin brings you as much fun as mine has, I wouldn't sell mine for twice what I gave for her. If you have questions about the boat or motor just ask I have learned alot about working on them, One thing I tend to forget when fishing is when you pull the trolling motor flip the switch to charge so you charge your trolling batteries when moving.Javelin Photos by bullet28027 | Photobucket

Bendeguz

Cadet

Yup 98 Javelin 409b with 225hp Johnson Venom, my fastest top speed was about 65mph still had some trim left to play with.
Javelins are awesome, fast and stable boats. I cannot complain about the boat at all.

Cheers

Lester

JohnT 1124

Cadet
Hello out there , I just bought 1995 Javelin 379FS is there anyone still use these boat out there?

Kajuntrax

Recruit
Mod Edit - Please read our rules. Thanks and welcome aboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isshinryu

Recruit
Hello!
I have a 1995 javelin 367 with a 90 Evinrude, I have completely rebuilt the boat from the ground up but I need to see a coast guard sticker mine is wore out and I don't know the specs. I also have to replace the trailer the axle is bent but need the total weight dose anyone have any of this info
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.