First time boat owner here

315Customs

Recruit
Hey everyone. I just picked up a 1988 Invader 23' Cuddy Cabin 244 with 2 Mercury 135hp outboards. I got the boat with an E-Z Loader trailer with electric bow winch all for $1500. The only thing really wrong with the boat is that a carport collapsed on it breaking the windshield and bending the hand rail going around the bow.

This is the first boat I've ever owned. Any advice from anyone? Thanks!!

mbaccp

Recruit
Re: First time boat owner here

I hate to say it, but good luck finding parts. These boats were only produced for short time in the 80's and 90's and it is hard to find any information on these boats. I know, I just purchased a '95 2100 Bravo. If you find information on parts, please post here.

frastorno

Cadet

I have a Invader CC21 (24 with the bracket), I had to rebuild it from scratch basically, just left the shell of the hull.
About the wind shield I had to redo the 2 lateral pieces cutting alluminium profiles like the original one (+o-) and found same type/color/thick of glass (+o-); cut the 2 traingle the same size and framed with the rails and rivets, not a big deal and it's working perfectly.
For the handrail.. can't you bend it back? or find sone inox with the same diameter and have it bended as needed? i didn't have to do it with mine as the handrail was one of the very few things I was able to recycle.. if you exclude the bases/supports! :(

Scott Wech

Recruit

I too just picked up a 1987 Invader Cuddy last Wednesday, traded a 2001 Yamaha Raptor ATV for it. Again first boat and i know absolutely nothing about boats. I know it has a 3.0 inboard and a OMC Cobra out drive. Otherthan that any help or info on anything about this boat or things i might need to know would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I to just bought an Invader v210 mine is a 5.7L Bravo II (going to be a rocket) see previous post. I would agree not a lot of information on these boats has made it to the web. Most of the pics I have found have been in Europe. With my boat I got a 1990 Invader catalog :D, has great pics of all models made in 1990. If there is interest in seeing it I could scan and post PDFs. Let me know. It might take me a couple of days to scan (old school flat bed scanner) but I will get to it.

3me3o93p35O05P55S0b9d06b83fcc36301a74.jpg

I will post more pics when the sun finally comes out here in NJ.

Mike