1995 Hydra-sport 175 LS Bass Boat

Rusty Bluck

Cadet
I'm thinking about buying this boat. The guy wants 7500$ the boat has a 150 johnson. The boat and engine looks like new. Is this a good buy?<br />Is a hydra-sport a good boat?? who made hydra-sport??? The boat has a stanless steel prop and a jack plate how fast will it run??<br />I fish bass tournamates and I have been fishing for the last 5 years out of a gruman with a 9.9<br />so this should be a big step up for me.

RickP

Cadet
Re: 1995 Hydra-sport 175 LS Bass Boat

Hydra Sports I believe were owned by OMC in 1995 but I am not sure. The combo on that boat if a true bass boat with the 150 and jack plate should run 65 mph +/- a few mph if it is propped correctly and the motor is in good condition.

Rusty Bluck

Cadet

Thanks for the Info. Is the boat worth it?? is hydra-sports boat any good??

audiodoode

Cadet

Howdy Rusty. I have a 1988 Hydra Sports X270 and it's as solid as a teenage cranium. It takes rough water very well, with no rattles or "loose" feeling at all.

lakerunner

Seaman

Rusty<br /><br />I think the last of the Hydra-Sports bassboats were built in 1998. The Hydra-Sports brand is still used on a line of saltwater boats; but they no longer produce any bassin hulls. <br /><br />I own a 1990 DV180 SX model Hydra-Sports. Nice solid boat.<br /><br />P.S. With the boat on the trailer trim up the engine and give it a good shake. Look for any movement in the transom. Next warm the engine up then run a compression test on all six cylinders. There shouldn't be more than 15 psi variation between the cylinders. Now if you can take it for a good 30 min test ride. <br /><br />Good luck