New SD 187 IO

medic181075

Seaman
It's official. I am now the proud owner of a payment book for a 2015 Hurricane Sun Deck 187 IO. If everything goes as planned I will have it in the water Saturday morning :)

On the other hand, having always owned and loved Volvo Pentas, I am also the wary owner of a Mercruiser 4.3 MPI with an Alpha One outdrive.

Attachments

• photo222743.jpg
    photo222743.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

pbolden

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You'll love the boat, but you have probably found that out by now.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just saw this post, apologies for the late reply, but congrats on becoming a Hurricane Owner! I see you have also found the Hurricane Owners Forum as well. Both iboats and the Owners forums will be great resources for you.

I too am a first time Mercruiser owner. I choose it over the Volvo mostly due to the larger dealer network (this way if I travel to different bodies of water I figured the chances of a dealer being near by were pretty good) and the parts seem to be plentiful and usually less expensive.

I also decided to purchase the Mercury Extended Service Plan, which gives me 8 years of coverage on the engine and drive. This is my 4th season with the boat and knock on wood, no issues.

Best of luck and have fun with the boat!