Livewell finally in operation!

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I posted this on the Hurricane Owner's forum, so I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well for those not on that forum.

Well I've been waiting for this moment to let you all know that while in my third season on my SD237 my livewell is finally working??. for the first time!

I've been reading many threads from different forums since I first bought the boat talking about too many Hurricane owners with livewell issues. Many suggestions and remedies that worked for others just wouldn?t work in my case, but my dealer never gave up trying things (the dealer has been just as frustrated as I was and stuck with me all the way in fixing this).

When I took the boat out of storage this season, they reverse flushed the livewell system and a bunch of gunk came out, they thought they finally found the problem??.. ah, no?.. still not working.

So the last go-around was upgrading the pump to a 750 gph (luckily it?s a Johnson cartridge style pump). We thought the pump was a 500 gph model, but we were wrong, it was already a 750 gph pump. He put the new one in anyway; it ran, but no water (just like the original one). Then he disconnected the hose off the outlet side of the pump and gave it a pretty strong tug and he felt something release. He reconnected the hose and it finally started working. Apparently, the hose was kinked when the boat was assembled.

Can you be frustrated and happy at the same time?

I just wanted to share this to add it to the list of possible remedies for non-working livewells on Hurricanes.

Re: Livewell finally in operation!

Thats Awesome I just got our first deck boat friday and went out fisihing saturday. I filled the live well to put the bait fish in and began fishing. Only problem was that I forgot that I had it running and took off to a different fishing spot only to find out the well would not work. Luckiliy all I had to do was drive in reverse to "Prime" the pump and it started working again.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Livewell finally in operation!

That priming technique works for a bunch of other Hurricane owners as well, but didn't work for me. I'm glad that's that it works on your boat, it's a pretty easy technique.

Hope you are enjoying the boat! Deck boat owners really appreciate the versatility and room the boat design offers, I certainly love mine.