2002 Hurricane Deckboat Eletrical issue

Jcraig49

Recruit
Hi Guys,

***Electrical I meant ;-) Ok....so I purchased a 2002 Hurricane Deckboat (outboard) last year and started having electrical problems on my last trip. Namely the radio, some lights, and the depth finder stopped functioning. I'm 99% sure its a fuse issue but I crawled behind the dash half a day and checked the fuses on all the batteries. Everything was good so now I'm scratching my head. Is there some inline fuse block on this thing that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Craig

onetom

Cadet
Re: 2002 Hurricane Deckboat Eletrical issue

Not sure if you have checked your breakers yet, but your probably already did (the buttons that trip under the steering wheel area)

The first thing I would do is pull out a volt meter and check the pos and neg under the console at the breakers.

If you are not getting power you can either trouble shoot that (try to figure out if there is a break in the cable, since it's 11 years old, it is possible a slight crack in the coating of the wire somewhere under deck has allowed corrosion in, which is why it WAS working) or simply run a new Pos and Neg wire to the back....

If you are getting power to the breakers then try to find in the spaghetti if maybe one of the wire connectors came off the back of the switch system which powers your electronics.

Let us know what you find out