"New" 2001 Hurricane GS 201 Owner - Table and Fishing Seat Post Stuck HELLLP!!

rdcastle

Cadet
"New" 2001 Hurricane GS 201 Owner - Table and Fishing Seat Post Stuck HELLLP!!

Just became the owner of a fairly well maintained 2001 GS 201 w/ a nicely running Yamaha 150 V-6 2 stroke. When I first looked at the boat one of the bow fishing seats and the "cocktail" table were set up. Upon purchase and readying the boat to tow it home (from a broker) to get it really ready to use, I could not remove the posts for one of the fishing seat or the table. The table post has a small black tab on the lower portion near the base and a label that reads "Press To Release". Upon attempting to do so the post wont budge upward but has a very small amount of play back and forth. Has any one had and solved this issue with their table and fishing seats? All advice welcomed.

whitejk

Recruit
Re: "New" 2001 Hurricane GS 201 Owner - Table and Fishing Seat Post Stuck HELLLP!!

Re: "New" 2001 Hurricane GS 201 Owner - Table and Fishing Seat Post Stuck HELLLP!!

Were you able to solve? I had/have the same issue. Holding the tab in and giving the table post a wiggle worked for the table. I have nothing on the fishing seats on the front deck.:confused:

rdcastle

Cadet

Were you able to solve? I had/have the same issue. Holding the tab in and giving the table post a wiggle worked for the table. I have nothing on the fishing seats on the front deck.:confused:

Sorry about not reporting back on my solution. Actually, once I understood the mechanism involved I just pulled and wiggled and both the table and seat post came out. I had contacted Springfield, the maker of the seats/posts/deck fittings and their advice was to remove old and buy all new. So I saved myself a few bucks and learned a little in the process. Cant beat that combination. I also found out where all the pre-NauticStar Hurricane stuff is (or whats left of it anyway). Go to Boat Parts & Accessories, Marine Boat Parts, Boat Accessories | Great Lakes Skipper and you will see they purchased the inventory from Godfrey/Hurricane when the NauticStar Group took over. Cheap too! Check it out.