boat cover blues

cooleyo

Cadet
Well, my units turnaround event is over, and i finally got a chance to put on my boat cover. Is this what I should expect from an $800 cover? It seems short, didn't come with outboard cover,is too bulky up front, just doesn't seem to fit at all. Am I doing something wrong? Did I order wrong? The email exchange with iboats stated it would be built for my boat, but I'd have to lay down the Bimini. Didn't mention I'd have to remove fishing seat. What do you guys think?
2013-04-21 09.35.19.jpg2013-04-21 09.36.19.jpg
2013-04-21 09.36.00.jpg2013-04-21 09.35.42.jpg

cooleyo

Cadet
Re: boat cover blues

Well, don't I feel like an idiot! My neighbor came and said "dude, is it on backwards?". Yes it was. Where's the delete thread option? :facepalm:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Too funny but at least you admitted your mistake. :D I bet it fits really nice now. Any updated pics? Nice boat BTW!

cooleyo

Cadet

Thanks Nelson, I'm happy with the way the cover fits now. I still need to cut the poles to get the perfect fit. I had some money to spend on a full carport, but decided to use it as a down payment on a bigger truck. The cover will serve its purpose well until I get some more cash.
2013-04-23 18.01.08.jpg2013-04-23 18.02.01.jpg

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you cooleyo for giving me my chuckle for the day! Great to hear from another "honest" Hurricane owner! And oh by the way, I definitely wish there was a "delete tread" button!

I did want to mention something to you regarding the poles you need to cut down. Covers do stretch over time and you may want to convert to adjustable poles eventually to keep up with the stretch factor. My mooring cover (now coming into it's third season) comes in two pieces requiring two poles. They included adjustable ones with the cover from the factory and I'm glad they did since the cover has already started to stretch a bit.

Best of luck!

cooleyo

Cadet

Thanks for the tip CJ. I am definitely gonna order a couple adjustable poles. It rained a little a couple nights ago, and the cover held quite a bit of water. The key word is held, because the boat stayed dry.