Fuel fill plate

Cptska

Recruit
I am a new owner of a 07 fun deck 196r. It was a steal, but it needs some work. The short story is it was close to a fire and melted some plastic. I've had it checked by a professional for fiberglass damage there isn't any just some gel coat repair.

I am looking for a new plate where you fill the fuel tank. The 6.5" plate has the gas cap screwed into it. What is that called and where can you buy one?

I wanted to support my local marina. They have neglected to call me back or answer the phone in 6 tries. So I need to find it elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fuel fill plate

What you're describing is probably the Fuel Deck Plate. There's a variety of designs that are made and I'm not sure what design is on your model.

Perko is probably one of the bigger manufacturers that make this kind of product. Determine if your current design has the vent hose attached to the deck plate base or if it routes to a vent on the hull. That will determine which models to look at.

Here's a link to the product section that covers fuel deck plates and vents. See if any look like yours.

http://www.perko.com/product_listing/fills_and_vents/0/68/

Remember, most of these products are available on iboats!

There are other manufacturers as well, just search "Fuel Deck Plates".

Good luck!