86 Gulfstream calypso

Swampa

Recruit
Hello, I just recently picked up an 86, 23.4ft cuddycabin gulfstream. I was hoping to find any information on it, such as the rear two floor storage areas are plastic tubs with a drain hole, what could those be for? the rest of the floor storage areas are just wood. Also so far the only thing i have found wrong with it so far is the transom is weak, so can it be reinforced? (friend said to take of the outdrive and dump some resin between the glass?) or what would be best? over all it seems to be in pretty good shape, we did take it to the lake to test it out and it worked great! So i am pretty happy with it. Any information on this boat would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
  • boat3resized.jpg
    boat3resized.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1
  • boat6resized.jpg
    boat6resized.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1

evbo46

Recruit
Re: 86 Gulfstream calypso

Last fall I picked up an 87 Gulfstream Calypso. I have been unable to find any information likewise. We took it down to powell and it ran great. I did notice last fall 2 others for sale in the salt lake area somewhat older maybe 82-83 that looked the same with diferent colors.

Attachments

• IM001446.jpg
    IM001446.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IM001450.jpg
    IM001450.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 2

dvaders

Recruit

I'm in the process of picking up an 80 something 23.5 footer. Looks like the fist photos in this thread. It has twin Mercruiser 140s and may need some work as one carb was off. Engines turn over but it's been sitting covered for about 5 years. Owner passed away and am buying it from his son. Looking to share info as I go through the boat and begin restoration.

wslm.boarder

Recruit

My Grandpa bought one of these new in either 87 or 89 can't remember, we still have it and just upgraded to a Monterrey.

It has been a great boat, been in Lake Powell it's entire life, maybe Mead ONCE.

It has the 454 and will do 50MPH, well 49.8 on GPS =)

I am actually going to take it out this weekend to take pictures of it, so my dad can sell, been paying storage for 2 boats for 4 months and he is getting sick of it. =)

He is asking $5000 O.B.O. Runs great needs nothing. Maybe tires if your plan is to drive a long distance.

marinedealz

Recruit

Hello, I just recently picked up an 86, 23.4ft cuddycabin gulfstream. I was hoping to find any information on it, such as the rear two floor storage areas are plastic tubs with a drain hole, what could those be for? the rest of the floor storage areas are just wood. Also so far the only thing i have found wrong with it so far is the transom is weak, so can it be reinforced? (friend said to take of the outdrive and dump some resin between the glass?) or what would be best? over all it seems to be in pretty good shape, we did take it to the lake to test it out and it worked great! So i am pretty happy with it. Any information on this boat would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

i recently purcahsed a 1991 23.9 foot gulfstream calypso with mercruiser 454 bigblock and bravo drive is for sale if anyone interested . this boat manufacturer was in business till late 90s but what i could gather has gone out of business it is gulfstream marine inc they were established in salt lake city utah this maybe the reason for seeing more of them in your area i scoured the internet for two weeks just to find someone selling one like mine . wont find to much on nada only shows 1993 and up for this semi custom boat builder . you were asking what those fiberglass tubs are for if you look towards the back youll notice drain whole to engine comparment of boat . which will then drain out of boats drain . my sugeestion put rubber or quark in the drain filler up with ice and you never need to bring a cooler thats what there for to answer your question hope my input helps marinedealz

Attachments

• camera pics 010.jpg
    camera pics 010.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 3
  • camera pics 008.jpg
    camera pics 008.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 4
  • camera pics 012.jpg
    camera pics 012.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 2
  • camera pics 014.jpg
    camera pics 014.jpg