Grumman 5.0 weight limitation question

accentphoto

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1983 Grumman 5.0 and the US Coast Guard MAXIMUM CAPACITIES (thats how they printed it) says 6 persons or 875 lbs then it says 1600 lbs persons, motor, gear rated at 100 H.P. motor.

Here is the question:
If the boat weighs in at 853 lbs dry plus 294 lbs motor weight, and I supposed to subtract that number from the 1600 lbs capacity or am I only subtracting the 294 lbs motor from the 1600 lbs rating?

If its boat and motor then after battery we are only good for two adults and if it is the motor only I am much happier.

DSC_9438.jpg

nhangler

Cadet
Re: Grumman 5.0 weight limitation question

that does not include the boat. 1600 is everything not including the boat. Kind of a confusing tag though.

accentphoto

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Grumman 5.0 weight limitation question

Whats messing me up is the 6 people or 875 pounds ... "them's some small persons". Funny how they say 1600 lbs minus motor which leaves 1300 lbs minus battery and fuel (we will say 100 lbs) which leaves 1200 lbs left and they have the humor to put 875 lbs? Oops ... forgot the anchor, cell phone, rods, tackle, cooler, sink, bed, tv, xbox 360, microwave ... I can keep going. I do realize its just a basic idea to go by. By the way, how is the quality of your sticker on your boat? If its way better than mine, send me a good sharp and straight photo and maybe I could reproduce yours. I may actually go to the effort to make a new one. I should do that and leave the vital area blank for the other forum members.