Fuel sending unit location in tank of '94 SSV170?

Jeff_H

Cadet
Guys,

Does anyone know the location of the fuel sending unit in a 1994 SSV170? Tank is 20 gal. capacity. Gauge is not the issue (Yamaha digital). I'd like to replace the fuel sending unit, as I don't have any confidence that it's reporting tank levels accurately. As near as I can tell the tank is situated aft of the in-floor ski locker, and forward of the bilge area. By chance is the sending unit located under the seat? It seems it would be easier to replace it there, rather than if it were located under the floor board.

Any direction you can give me as to the location of the sending unit will be appreciated.

TIA,

Jeff

dsford1982

Cadet
Re: Fuel sending unit location in tank of '94 SSV170?

Is there an access hatch in the floor? Centered in the floor just in front of the back seat. Mine is an outboard boat. It is a round black plastic access port that, when I pried it open, gave me access to the sending unit on my 1995 SSV 170.

Here is a pic I found that may help.

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/D...691600_6_zps96fcd991.jpg.html?evt=email_share

Hope the link works.

Dan

Last edited:

Jeff_H

Cadet
Re: Fuel sending unit location in tank of '94 SSV170?

Dan,

Thanks. The link worked. I have an access hatch, but my seat bench partially covers it. Turns out I had to remove the seat to get at the fuel sending unit.

Jeff