Kill switch and cord

mirabeau

Cadet
Hi,

I'm about to close a deal on purchasing a 1999 Glastron GS 229. One thing picked up in the inspection was that the Kill Switch seemed to be bypassed, without a cord attached the engine starts up. The current owner says that's how he received the boat and he doesn't have the kill cord. Does anybody have any knowledge of the kill switch/cord setup for this boat? When I gain access I'll open up the switch to see if I can see whether it's been bypassed, but I'd like to get it functioning again. But where can I get a cord from?

Thanks in advance....

MP

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Kill switch and cord

Sounds more like that kill switch is not connected instead of bypassed. It probably isn't even wired up. There are so many types of kill switches that it is hard to say what cord (Lanyard) you need. But shouldn't be too much problem to find the correct lanyard for it. The kill switch usually shorts out the ignition primary signal killing the spark when the lanyard is removed... Good luck...

mirabeau

Cadet
Re: Kill switch and cord

I've removed the switch and can see whats been done. The two wires have been directly connected together so don't even touch the switch. I noticed the sticker on the back of the switch and have emailed the manufacturer for any info on suitable lanyards.

switch1.JPGswitch2.JPG