New Glastron owner......with a question...;-)

Richwa11

Recruit
Hello all,
new to the site but have been reading info for a few months getting ideas from everyone on here, thanks...feel much better about purchase after reading topics...

The family came across a 2007 GXL 205 with zero hours on it at a local dealer back in April with 5.7 Volvo penta motor, and Roswell tower already installed. Loving it, already up to 36 hrs, (yes bout time for 1st service) goes in in 2 weeks for that... :facepalm:

So far so good with the boat, few minor sun bleached items, cracked ski locker door, missing ice chest, bowed rear seat cushion rest, faded carpet(all being replaced by dealer at no charge, since warranty is expired:( )but have noticed one thing with the back center walk through transom, and top 2 flip up cushions on sun deck, after a long day of kids climbing in and out and jumping off this area, (they bring alot of water with them), when we open them up at the end of the day to dry everything out, we notice an orange/watery color that seems to drain from the cushions, the dealer says this is probably the waterproofing of the wood in the cushions and will dissipate over time , anyone have this or know what this might be from. I was thinking it was rust water, but was unable to locate any rusty hardware(screws,shocks, brackets) nor does is have a rusty odor to it. thanks, and looking forward to great boating season.....

jkust

Rear Admiral
Re: New Glastron owner......with a question...;-)

I'm wondering if that boat has any wood in the cushions at all. My boat cushions have hard plastic with flow through foam but no wood of any kind. Your boat is newer and I would doubt it has wood but I could be wrong. Did the dealer store the boat in the sun? I'm wondering about the sun bleaching and other seemingly sun damaged items you mention?

Richwa11

Recruit

Thats my thought, is there wood or not, we found the boat was stored out front of the dealer from time to time to try and sell it,(does get hot here high 90's most of summer) as we saw this boat about 2 years ago at the dealer. hence all the sun bleaching, guess a couple of years outside in sun might do that (Just got done replacing the pin-striping around the entire boat as it was a dirt brown-crackle look, supposed to be metallic silver, looks MUCH better.... but other than a few cosmetic issues, boat runs great, just that darn orange/watery leakage from seats....

LeeCeeB

Cadet

could it be the foam in the cushions has broken down and it is leaching out in the water?

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

I own a 2010 GT 205 fully loaded, pretty much almost the same boat less the V8.....I don't wanna scare you, but here's what I've had to deal with so far for being a brand new boat.

249674_10150197669338271_510523270_6983243_4696897_n.jpg

Summer 2010
Hull wet sanded to remove gel-coat mold voids under warranty

Summer 2011
My rear bench seat was replaced under warranty due to tearing at seams...
Power steering cylinder replaced due to premature failure

Now my pass through section which lifts up, the screws have begun pulling through the board. ( I will fix this myself) I have never let mine get water logged since I make people towel off before stepping over the engine hatch.

... and this biggest pain in my *** and issue with Glastron which I am fighting...

216671_10150246005623271_510523270_7410573_155681_n.jpg

GEL COAT SPIDER cracks coming out of ever single mounting foot of the wakeboard tower. I've never towed skiers or tubes off the tower and stayed well under the 400lb weight limit noted in the owners manual. I removed the rear speakers to check the internal mounting hardware for tightness and what I found upset me. The provided backing plates are NO WHERE near large enough to support the stress exerted while wakeboarding. I would urge you to check your mounting hardware for spider cracking and get them to beef up the mounting brackets or yours surely will have the same issues. The only used a rubber gasket and a metal bracket the size of the foot and nothing more. Not beefing up the fiberglass thickness or anything else...

Also, I don't know if your dealer supplied you with a red bag containing all the user manuals and warranty info... but in mine there was a document by " Inland plywood Company" stating a limited lifetime warranty against fungal decay, rot, damage or defect that would make the product structurally unfit for its intended purpose, and termite damage. I know the seat backings on my boat and engine cover are made with this product. I honestly don't think that orange color is natural.

k.rutland

Recruit
I have the same orange color coming from the cushions on my 06 205 gxl. Water got in from a rain and the two built in storage lockers which serve as layout cushions on the back drained into the compartment when opened. I don't think there is wood. I think it is the probably the color of the foam inside or the adhesive.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thank you for starting a topic about your Glastron K.Rutland, and for trying to help solve a staining problem on Rich's boat. Please take a moment before posting to notice how long its been since there were any additional posts by who ever started a topic. After 90days, its best to let inactive topics remain inactive. Its been nearly 4yrs.

Thank you
John

Hi new to the site an boating I'm needing help finding out what model my glastron is, someone one tried to give it a paint job an now can't tell much about it please help