Loose forward Bimini top support brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy bob

Recruit
I have a 2009 Glastron GT 205, and the two screws for the forward support bracket for the Bimini top keep coming loose. The screws go thru the attachment bracket into the fiberglass hull with only the fiberglass for the screw threads to tighten to. Towing the boat to the lake with the Bimini top down is more than the fiberglass can withstand and the screws will pull out of the fiberglass. The backside of the hull is unaccessable preventing me from installing a tapped metal plate. I installed slightly larger screws but no luck, can't use the top until this is solved. Have e mailed Glastron corp. but haven't received a answer yet. Anyone having this problem and solution?

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

Attachments

• toggler.png
    toggler.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 0

COtto1984

Cadet
Re: Loose forward Bimini top support brackets

I found this thread on a Google search as I am having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a dependable solution? My screws are starting to back out and won't re-tighten.

diungerich

Seaman Apprentice
I have my bimini pull loose today with the same situation. Has anyone successfully used the Garelick solution or something else?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Folks - Please start new topics of your own instead of posting to inactive threads. Click the Forum Help link in the sig below for assistance. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.