99 Glastron 195 SX (4.3L) OPINIONS and PRICE

cube21

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey. Looking to buy our first boat. We just looked at a 1999 Glastron 195 SX today. Had the volvo penta 190 hp 4.3L inboard/outboard.

Seemed to run great and have plenty of power at the lake today.
The seller is asking 9,200 but comes withOUT a bimini top or tower.
He is including a set of decent skis, 6-8 cheap-o-lifevests, a kneeboard, and two tow ropes.

I need some opinions...Those that own a similar boat, would you recomend it? If you pack is with 6-8 people, does the power lack when pulling a skier?
Should we look further into a 5.0L? Hows the fuel economy / gas mileage of this engine? Is it reliable? Need LOTS of opinions.

we want to make an offer, just want some more info to back it up.
also the boat was in great condition, no major visable defects, no tears in uphostery.... All stock. No hour meter. everything works.
main problem is that it lacks a bimini top, and were seeing about $300-450 to have one installed.

GLASTRON OWNERS SPEAK OUT!! need some opinions!
thanks everyone!

-CUB3-

gci

Recruit
Re: 99 Glastron 195 SX (4.3L) OPINIONS and PRICE

I use my Father-in-laws boat often. His boat is a 1999 glastron 195 sx w/5.0GL. He bought it about four seasons ago. It has been a great boat. Regarding power and weight/people limit. The boat sits low in the water. So with the 5.0v8 and only two people on board this boat can get up and out of its own way like a corvette. With four adults and a couple of kids you signaficantly change that and need/want the extra power. We use the boat in the ocean and when it gets choppy three adults is about max and still feel comfortable. The V8 effortlessly delivers power and is very quiet.