what do you know about glasstream bass boats

turnerlittle

Cadet
Glasstream went out in the late eightys and went to BasStream who just went out of business 1/1/02.Here are some pics and specs. 1550 Pro Standard Features Cleats,Bow & Stern Eyes,Navigation Lights,Boltaflex Prefixx Vinyl,Bilge Pump,Teleflex Steering,Aerator Pump,12 / 24 trolling receptacle w/charge plug,All aluminum lids Length.....15' 6" Beam.....68" Approx. Hull Weight.....700 lbs. Fuel Capacity (optional).....12 gal. Max Power.....75 HP These guys also made a 15'boat rated for 120hp 1550_sm_comp.gif1550001.jpg now what i have put together glasstream made fishing boats from 1980 to 1996 they made models such as hydra bass ranging from 14 to 17 feet in length, pro bass 1440 and 1550 made in two packages standard with wood lids, cheaper seats, and rack stearing and dlx with aluminum lids weighing less i'm finding about 720lbs compared to 750 on the standard, stringer 14, and agressor i am also finding things here and the about an 186 and a 2150 but not enough to confirm. after seeing that glasstream themselves dont know about the boats i would like to assemble as much info as possible so people can read about their boats and correctly repower and know the capacity any help will be great for our community

phouse

Recruit
Re: what do you know about glasstream bass boats

can you help me with the capacity ratings for my 87 1550 pro bass. Mine is missing from my boat

U.S. Coast Guard Maximum Capacities
XX Persons or XXX Pounds ???
XXX Pounds, persons, motor, gear ???
XXX Horsepower, motor I believe its 75 HP

AaronSims

Recruit
Re: what do you know about glasstream bass boats

3 people 750 max weight and 75hp max

Im a newbie here as well. I just bought a 91 glass stream 17v hydrabass boat.
I know nothing about boats i love fishing and came across a deal i couldnt refuse for the boat. When I bought the boat it came with about 3 or four plugs. there are four holes which holes do I plug?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I actually had an early 80's model Glasstream Hydro Bass boat new with an inline Mercury 115HP on it. That boat was awesome and fast. It was clocked at 63 MPH on slight rippled water. Would cruse easily in the 50's without any problems. GT1M is currently rebuilding a Glasstream Hydro Bass boat now as his project boat. Take a look at it. Great lines with those boats.