Ive Got One!!

Ralphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
If the powers that be are nice enough to provide us with our own forum, I hate to see it wasted!! Mine is a 1985 14.5ft Bass series with a Johnson 48SPL. Great little boat for its small size, handles rough water pretty well but have never really taken into anything uncomfortable. 3 1/2 foot breakers tops.

CalCpeKid

Cadet
Re: Ive Got One!!

ME TOO;
1988 BassPro 15' 6" Merc Classic Fifty
Scoots for what it is, catches lot of fish.:D

Deansel

Cadet

'88 160v with a 70 Nissan and I'm in the early stages of going over the boat with some floor repair, fresh carpeting, new dash and front control panel with all new switches, new pumps, new batteries, new steering wheel, etc. I am thinking about painting the top rails where the sun has eaten through the clear but, I may vinyl wrap the sides and top.

Once I get the boat in good working condition, I will drop it in our pond and work on the trailer. I will still need a trolling motor and fish finder after all of the hard work is done. Then the real test will come when I test the motor under load.

thaddeus76

Cadet

Got one too.

1986 17ft 172 Cutlass Bowrider 140 Hp Merc. Came with a waketower when I bought it.

I run the pants off of it now that I'm 7 minutes from the launch.

Good Boat!

VaGent

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got one too. Just bought a used 1984 Glasstream 1550 ProBass with a good running Johnson 50 HP 2 cycle with power tilt & trim & a Motor Guide 30# thrust trolling motor. It's 15' 2" in length & came with a nice galvanized LoadRite trailer. Had it out on the lake yesterday & it ran very well. I need to replace the carpet & am trying to find out how to restore (if possible) the shine as there is a lot of oxidation on the entire boat. I aslo need to see about getting the tach working or replaced & fix the power tilt as it goes up but it will leak back down. Other then a few minor (?) problems I am very pleased with the boat.

If anyone can direct me where to go to find out about replacing a small piece of the flooring or how to remove the oxidation & restore the shine I would be very gratefull.

Last edited:

bryanwess2000

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can use rubbing compound and then polishing compound with an electric buffer or by hand if your ambitious, to restore the gelcoats shine. I just got through with my 1550 probass and it looks like a different boat. Just a heads up though it's really time consuming. If the oxidation is heavy you'll have to
wet sand it with 400 grit then 1000 grit sand paper then use the rubbing and polishing compound. I suggest starting with the polishing compound first to see how it looks, if you don't like the results you can get more aggressive.
I used cheapo turtle wax brand compounds $2-3 a tub. Also be careful and take your time the gelcoat on the glasstreams is very thin.

rainman240cs

Seaman Apprentice

We have a 1987 19' cuddy with a 3.0litre merc and run her every weekend for 4 years now! the seats are in need of attention but thats it. One weekend last year we drove her from Gardiner, ME. to Bar Harbor,ME. Thats a 7 hr. trip, in the ocean all along the coast. I'll probably kick myself in the A!#%*!! this spring when we sell her. We just upgraded to a 99 24' cabin cruiser.

Dianne Bolin

Recruit

I have a 1989 Glasstream Regatta 192 ski boat, and no one seems to know where to find a distributor for it. Do you have any idea where I can find one?? The man that's fixing it says it's a GM 6 cylinder motor. Do you know where I can find parts for it??

BobsGlasstream

Commander

The engine may be a GM but it is either Mercruiser or OMC or something of that nature. I have a 140 in my 88 Glasstream, wish is a Mercruiser engine and parts are not hard to find for it, or several Mercruisers. The serial number should be on the valve cover.
Let me know if I can help.
Bob

Last edited:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

If your engine is a 6 Cyl. Is it a straight 6 or a V6.
It would be one of the following if a Mercruiser.
4.1 1967 -1991
4.3 1985 -1991
205 4.3 V6 1985 -1991
I hope that this helps some.
MY Boat is Glasstream 182 Caravelle.
Good Luck.
Bob

Tom55

Cadet

Hey I just picked up a 1986 Glasstream 1550 Pro Bass and it's great. It's missing its capacity sticker and I was wondering if somebody should soot me the specs so I can have a new one made? Thanks.