My First Boat

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guys. This is my first post. This is my first boat also. It's a 1975 Glassmaster 600XE. G56004XESD model number. 3.0 (I think) 4cyl Mercruiser I/O. Runs like a champ. Needs seats though. I traded about $400 worth of Mustang and parts for it. Does anyone know where to get covers and tops for these??? I can't seem to find any info on it online.

boat.jpg

092401_100000.jpg

092401_100001.jpg

092401_112500.jpg

092401_173000.jpg

092401_113100-1.jpg

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: My First Boat

Those brochures are absolutely awesome!!! I saw my exact boat and got some good info off the dimensions. Does anybody have any pics of the optional curtains they mention in the brochure??? Where can we get them??? How about the snap on covers and bimini frames and tops???

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I yanked the seats out last night. Lots of rotted wood.

092601_230700.jpg

092601_230900.jpg

092601_231600.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to the forum Junkman. We have a VERY active forum here but you're posting down in one of the fairly dead manufacturer specific sections. Lots of activity in the more general sections!

There are plenty of covers available that fit tri-hulls. iboats has tons of covers. For your model specific curtain panels, no one will have those. Boats aren't like cars, you won't find model-specific parts of any kind really. Good thing is they are built with mostly generic parts so you should usually be able to find something works. A canvas shop will be your best bet for those curtains.

How's the deck in that boat? Solid?

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Welcome to the forum Junkman. We have a VERY active forum here but you're posting down in one of the fairly dead manufacturer specific sections. Lots of activity in the more general sections!

There are plenty of covers available that fit tri-hulls. iboats has tons of covers. For your model specific curtain panels, no one will have those. Boats aren't like cars, you won't find model-specific parts of any kind really. Good thing is they are built with mostly generic parts so you should usually be able to find something works. A canvas shop will be your best bet for those curtains.

How's the deck in that boat? Solid?

Lol. I'm a stickler for trying to post in the appropriate section. Where do people usually post these type threads? Thanks for the info on the curtains. I wasn't sure if they were specific or made more general to the boat type. The guy I got it from said his dad re-did the floors 3 years ago. I was all over it last night walking around and it felt solid everywhere. I'm 6'4" and 255 so if there's a soft spot, I'll find it. lol.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Lol. I'm a stickler for trying to post in the appropriate section. Where do people usually post these type threads?

Well I certainly have no problem with that! And for a Glassmaster-specific question like the one about those curtains, I suppose this was a good spot. Just not likely to get much a timely response from another Glassmaster owner. Only a handful of the manufacturer sections get much traffic. Since, at the time, I saw you'd only posted here, I wanted to make sure you found the other sections and we didn't lose you to thinking iboats was lame :)

That's great that the deck is solid. Some new carpet and seats and you're on your way!

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well I certainly have no problem with that! And for a Glassmaster-specific question like the one about those curtains, I suppose this was a good spot. Just not likely to get much a timely response from another Glassmaster owner. Only a handful of the manufacturer sections get much traffic. Since, at the time, I saw you'd only posted here, I wanted to make sure you found the other sections and we didn't lose you to thinking iboats was lame :)

That's great that the deck is solid. Some new carpet and seats and you're on your way!

So are there plans to merge the owner specific sections into boat type sections or something? I thought for as big as this site is, my thread was getting very few replies. lol.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

So are there plans to merge the owner specific sections into boat type sections or something? I thought for as big as this site is, my thread was getting very few replies. lol.

Nope. iboats created these manufacturer sections so they'd come up in search engine results. I'm sure they'll keep them.

If you start a restore thread up in the restoration section, I'm sure you'll get lots of views and comments.

junkman306

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nope. iboats created these manufacturer sections so they'd come up in search engine results. I'm sure they'll keep them.

If you start a restore thread up in the restoration section, I'm sure you'll get lots of views and comments.

I may do that. It's not really a restore, though. Just a "clean it up a little" thread. lol.