Help/Info for 1988 Glassmaster & 88'Outboard Mercury 175

zdaxxy

Recruit
I am trying to get as much information on a boat I bought.

What I found out so far is the boat was a police patrol boat for the Carolina wildlife guys. The lightbar and decals were removed before the sale. I did however have to sand the dial 911 off the bow on both sides.

Hull ID:GPC LP666 H788
Glassmaster Marine, LLC of Lexington, SC / Model LP / 1988

Mercury Mariner 175 Outboard
Serial No. 0B210061? Plate is VERY hard to read!

Another plate on the back reads: 88005BER or BFP or 8ER or 8FP also VERY hard to read.

I can not seem to locate any GLASSMASTER manuals, sales flyers, etc for the late 80s.

This is an open bow that is solid with no walk-way. It is 18.5 feet long and the engine says 175 on the cover.

Everything was unbolted and laying in the deck. Gas tank was out, steering was out, dash was out. I have put the boat back together bit by bit. The engine does turn over but I have not actually run it for any period of time.

The trim didn't seem to respond, not sure if its a fault wire/switch or not yet.

Any additional info would be great.

Thanks!

boat.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help/Info for 1988 Glassmaster & 88'Outboard Mercury 175

Looks like a closed bow to me. That thing should be a ROCKET with that 175. ROCKET! Looks like a nice galvanized trailer also.

Although this is a good place to post your Glassmaster questions, be sure to post any of your more general or engine related questions in the main sections of the forum. Welcome to iboats!

zdaxxy

Recruit

Well, where you would normally walk is closed but it does have a place where you can sit up fornt I guess. here is a pictuure of what the bow looks like. So would this be an open or closed? I have storage under this all the way to the front and on both sides. Looks like a walkway underneath, so I am not sure if someone closed this in at some point in time or not. The trailer is called a COX Superloader? It is suppose to expand or shrink to fit 16' to 22' I got the boat (disassembled) and the trailer all for $200 so I guess it was ok deal. I never owned a boat before so I am learning alot putting this thing back together like a box of legos.
bow.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yep you were right, that's an open bow. From the side picture it definitely looked closed. That deck up there would make a nice casting platform for fishing. $200? an OK deal? Are you kidding me? You should be arrested!