Gas tanks that will fit under back to back seats

gmaster

Cadet
I'm restoring a 66 glassmaster . I will be installing new seats but I cant find tanks that will fit. The bases are 13 1/2 in wide , 36 in long and 10 in deep. Does anyone know of a tank that will fit. The boat is really too small for side tanks . Thanks for any info on this.

JohnR.

Cadet
Re: Gas tanks that will fit under back to back seats

I stumbled across an ad in a boating flyer today at work. It was for a place that made custom, USCG approved tanks built to your dimensions. I thought I had the paper in my coat pocket but its not there. Hopefully its in my car, if it is I'll get the info for you tomorrow and post it here.

John

gmaster

Cadet

John, thanks for the info. I guess thats the route I will have to go. I was considering rebuilding the old seats, but I cant find a tank that would fit them either. greg

hodgdon

Recruit

Gmaster,
Can you describe your 66 Glassmaster (or even post pics if possible)? I recently acquired what I was told is a '67 Glassmaster roundabout and I'm trying to determine exactly which model/year it is.

- Steve

gmaster

Cadet

Steve, I will have to take some pictures, but there is a thread called " my Glassmaster project" on here that has pictures of a boat exactly like mine although i have an I/O. Are you going to restore yours? Gmaster