1988 Glassmaster 196cc

DerekC

Recruit
I just bought this boat and the fuel gauge does not work. Anyone know the size of the gas tank?

Attachments

• boat pics 004.jpg
    boat pics 004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boat pics 003.jpg
    boat pics 003.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bemdur

Cadet
Re: 1988 Glassmaster 196cc

I have the same boat for three years now. 90 HP Yamaha. Does 35 MPH for me and we wakeboard with it at 21-23. Not too good of a wake though.

DerekC

Recruit

I bought mine this this season. I have re-done all the vinyl and put in new gauges. I have an 85 force that is in good shape for being the original motor. It does about 30 which is good for me becasue I mainly fish with it. I love this boat. I do need to get a new windshield. You have any ideas where to get one.

bemdur

Cadet

The speed is also related to the prop. I bent my prop one day and went to the onboard spare. I was lucky to hit 25.

No idea on where to get a replacement windshield but would suspect it would be costly. Try calling a local plastic wholesaler advertising Lexan or competing plastics. THey often have a scrap selection of sheets that have scratches in them at strong discounts. THe damage might be able to be cut away leaving the size you need, it might not matter to you but does to them, might be in a nonconspicuous spot. They might even be able to bent it for you.