1977 Glassmaster Patriot

Estark1

Cadet
Nice to see a place for the Glassmaster folks.
I am the proud owner of a 1977 Glassmaster Patriot.
17ft. / with a Mercruiser 165.
It is a nice handling boat and tops out at about 45.
I bought the boat back in August. It had a cracked block that the previous owner had tried to repair. I managed to find another Mercruiser 165 for a good price and have it in ready to go for Spring.

Last edited:

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1977 Glassmaster Patriot

Try uploading them to a place like photobucket.com They have a nice clickable thumbnail feature that let's you show many pics without using up webspace at iboats. :)

Can't wait to see your boat.

Estark1

Cadet

Estark1 said:
Nice to see a place for the Glassmaster folks.
I am the proud owner of a 1977 Glassmaster Patriot.
17ft. / with a Mercruiser 165.
It is a nice handling boat and tops out at about 45.
I bought the boat back in August. It had a cracked block that the previous owner had tried to repair. I managed to find another Mercruiser 165 for a good price and have it in ready to go for Spring.

Estark1

Cadet

OK.... See if this works. My 1977 Glassmaster Patriot.

Estark1

Cadet

Let me help ya just a tad. SBN

DSCN2975.jpg

DSCN2983.jpg

DSCN2988.jpg

DSCN2976.jpg

DSCN2618.jpg

DSCN2979.jpg

100_0421.jpg

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice clean looking boat! I like it.

Are you running the stock ignition points/condenser? Mine has been switched to a Pertronix conversion and I highly recommend it for a smooth running Mercruiser GMC L6.

45 mph? That's good speed!
I still haven't checked my top speed but I do have a GPS my family bought me for Christmas.

Estark1

Cadet

ParallaxBill said:
Very nice clean looking boat! I like it.

Are you running the stock ignition points/condenser? Mine has been switched to a Pertronix conversion and I highly recommend it for a smooth running Mercruiser GMC L6.

45 mph? That's good speed!
I still haven't checked my top speed but I do have a GPS my family bought me for Christmas.

Estark1

Cadet

Thanks. It was well kept for the most part by the previous 2 owners.

I plan to run the current stock ignition for now. I'm trying to recover from the engine swap costs. But electronic ignition sounds like a good plan.

Actually my best speed under excellent conditions was reading about 47-48 on the speedometer. I do have a GPS and will see what happens when she gets back on the water.

I have managed to locate a gentleman in South Carolina who bought all the Glassmaster files and left overs when they went out of business. His father worked for them for many years and he is in the boat repair business himself.

I also found 2 of 3 missing Glassmaster logos on EBay from some folks from NC that bought the inventory of a boat place that was in business from the 50's to 70's.

I've been around boats most of my life and the Glassmaster is very well made. I plan to get mine as close to original condition as possible. The man I talked to from SC told me that the 1977 Patriot like mine was a special 20th anniversary edition and retailed at around $7500. He actually has the original owners manual and pamplets for my boat. I have purchased them and can't wait to see them. Should be in the mail any day now.

Let me know if you want contact info for the SC gentleman. He knew everything about my boat and says he has lots of parts around his shop.

Eric

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

My daughter is going to make me some new bow cushions from the old ones by patterning them. I'm planning on keeping mine original original as possible as well.

I think I have his info around here somewhere too. But thanks for offering.

rob68gto1

Recruit

[ QUOTE=Estark1;1244919]Thanks. It was well kept for the most part by the previous 2 owners.

I plan to run the current stock ignition for now. I'm trying to recover from the engine swap costs. But electronic ignition sounds like a good plan.

Actually my best speed under excellent conditions was reading about 47-48 on the speedometer. I do have a GPS and will see what happens when she gets back on the water.

I have managed to locate a gentleman in South Carolina who bought all the Glassmaster files and left overs when they went out of business. His father worked for them for many years and he is in the boat repair business himself.

I also found 2 of 3 missing Glassmaster logos on EBay from some folks from NC that bought the inventory of a boat place that was in business from the 50's to 70's.

I've been around boats most of my life and the Glassmaster is very well made. I plan to get mine as close to original condition as possible. The man I talked to from SC told me that the 1977 Patriot like mine was a special 20th anniversary edition and retailed at around $7500. He actually has the original owners manual and pamplets for my boat. I have purchased them and can't wait to see them. Should be in the mail any day now.

Let me know if you want contact info for the SC gentleman. He knew everything about my boat and says he has lots of parts around his shop.

Eric[/QUOTE]
i just recently got a 77 glassmaster for free the same one u show in the pictures colors and all ,i got it from the oraginal owner who stoped useing it when the gas tank would not switch over it has sat for years and was winter rised but i cant get it to turn over any way you know to free a stuck block ?
they clam it was runing great when they took it out the water also what would a boat like this be worth

rob68gto1

Recruit

i have just recently got a 77 glassmaster for free the same boat in your pictures color and all . i got the boat from the oraganal owner who took it out the water because the gas tank would not switch over the boat has been siting for years and was winterrised befor but i cant get it to turn over any ideas on how free stuck block also what would a boat like this be worth all complet just needs seat covers and carpet

rob68gto1

Recruit

[ QUOTE=Estark1;1244919]Thanks. It was well kept for the most part by the previous 2 owners.

Eric
i just recently got a 77 glassmaster for free the same one u show in the pictures colors and all ,i got it from the oraginal owner who stoped useing it when the gas tank would not switch over it has sat for years and was winter rised but i cant get it to turn over any way you know to free a stuck block ?
they clam it was runing great when they took it out the water also what would a boat like this be worth[/QUOTE]

rob68gto1

Recruit

also what is the correct way to start that boat this is my first boat maybe i am not doing something i need to do to get it to turn over i am completly green to boat like this

Estark1

Cadet

This boat will be for sale in the coming months. It is in excellent condition
and I would like nothing more than to sell it to a Glassmaster enthusiast.

I'm working on an asking price.

I live in West Tennessee. Feel free to email me if you are interested.

Eric Stark
eric.stark@comcast.net

jcompton32

Recruit

Thanks. It was well kept for the most part by the previous 2 owners.

Eric

Do you mind giving me information to the SC "Glassmaster man?"

shadyj7

Cadet

I own a 76 Glassmaster Patriot here in lexington S.C. . I to would like information to the SC Glassmaster man.