Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

sstrudell

Cadet
Re: Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

I have a 1969 Glassmaster that I bought last year. Its a 15ft closed bow with a 55 hp Johnson outboard. This spring I am putting new carpeting, seats and lights on the boat. Anyone have a good Glassmaster site that sells replacement windshields? Mine is sun damaged and I am looking to replace it.

I'll post pictures soon.

Estark1

Cadet

I have the color brochure for the 20th anniversery 1977 Glassmaster
boats. If anybody wants a copy I have it saved in PDF file.

I also have the price list.

Let me know and I will be happy to email to anyone that wants it.

E. Stark
owner - 1977 Glassmaster Patriot - 750EBS

Liquid_force

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I was about 10 ('86)my parents bought an '83 GM ($6k). I believe the model was 'Cadet'. It is ~16' with a 115 Evinrude. It was in like new condition. The owner was military and was sent over seas shortly after he purchased it (new).

We put a LOT of hours on that boat - hauled it to Lake of the Ozarks (MO) a couple times, and Grand Lake o'the Cherokees (OK) once.

When I got into my 20's my brother and I bought a 19' I/O with a 4.3 OMC, but the GM's still in the family - it's hardly been used over the last couple years, and I would guess the hull's rotted beyond use.
It served us well - it was a great little boat.

FWIW - the midwest is a hot spot for GM's. There was a distributor (I think it was even a small factory) in Grove, OK. I live in NE KS and see them on a very regular basis.

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just picked up this 15' Glassmaster. The title says it's a 1983 but I don't believe it. The original hull number plate is gone and New Jersey issued it a new hull ID number. Anyone know what it really is? It is pretty faded but the only soft spot I have found is about 1 square foot on the floor near the battery. Other than that is isn't too bad. The motor turns over nice and has spark but I don't want to start it until I clean the carbs and check the water pump. The control cables are shot, the steering cable as well, but I don't think I did too bad for $200 for boat motor and trailer. I do have to modify the trailer, it's set up for a 16-17' boat. Hope the pics work!
album_pic.php

rheagler

Ok, now i figured out the pics!
glass2.jpg

glass1.jpg

Estark1

Cadet

I'm not for sure but that boat looks like a Glassmaster Daytona...
1983 may be correct...

I found this picture of a 1974 Daytona.

What do you think?

E.Stark

rheagler

Hey that does look like mine. It's a shame the pic isn't bigger. Where did you find it?
-Rich

Estark1

Cadet

Rich,

I just Googled Glassmaster Daytona... Look at the 1977 brochure thread that I posted. There is a picture of the 77' model. There may be some good clues there.

The Glassmaster logo on the side of your boat looks like a 'newer' version than the seventies... just a hunch.

Keep me posted.

E.Stark

mcconnell63

Seaman

Hi, I am looking at the picture of your boat, is the windshield glass or plexiglass. I have a 1971 17' tri hull Glassmaster and it has a plexiglass windshield that is so weathered from the sun I can't see through it. I want to cut out the plexiglass and replace it with new plexiglass. It seems that all the boats I looked at in this group have nice clear windshields. Al

rheagler

Hi, I am looking at the picture of your boat, is the windshield glass or plexiglass. I have a 1971 17' tri hull Glassmaster and it has a plexiglass windshield that is so weathered from the sun I can't see through it. I want to cut out the plexiglass and replace it with new plexiglass. It seems that all the boats I looked at in this group have nice clear windshields. Al
Hi Al. My windshield is all glass. I'm no expert on glass or plexiglass but if mine needed replacing I think I would check into a glass replacement. Plexiglass is probably cheaper, but glass stays nice and clear. I guess you just have to consider all the pros and cons of both options... Post some pictures of your boat, I'm sure everyone here would like to see it.

mcconnell63

Seaman

Hi, I am a new owner of a Glassmaster 1971 17' Tri Hull with a 1971 65 hp Mercury Thunderbolt on it. I am in NC where are you. Al

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine has tempered tinted glass (factory original) and I'm southeast of Charlotte.

rob1981

Cadet

I own a 21foot glassmaster 1985 with 150hp evinrude.

rob1981

Cadet

I own a 1985 glassmaster with 150hp evinrude. that i bought this year , be using it this summer and now have parked it and started repairing and modifying. i have pulled the floor and now trying to get the 75 gal tank out!!!
wanted to put a live well in so i am down sizing the tank to fit it in.

JBD57

Recruit

You found another Glassmaster owner. Mine is a 1982, 18' 170 Hp... what a nice boat and the fun I have had taking it from NC to Pa to Il to Ca and now back in Va. This boat has seen the US from Florida to under the Golden Gate and to Catalina Island! Now it's playing in Washington, DC and the Potomac. It has never let me down and still goes strong... I have 280 hours on the meter, and expect to see many more, even though I have a larger cruiser that I use more often.
Anyway... would love to share stories and photos...
Jim, Lorton, Va

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great looking boat Jim, welcome to the forum.

I have a 67' Open Bow Glassmaster tri-hull with the 55 Chrysler Outboard Model#55771A. I'm in the outskirts of Greenville South Carolina, in the town of easley and pickens. Its been in my family since new and I've just recently getting it back in running condition, the thing runs so smooth. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this model or personal expericence with one of these.

readdad

Recruit

I am a first time Glassmaster owner. Just picked up a 1969 Charger 400XP 15' with a 50 hp Johnson outboard. The motor is not in running condition, but the boat hull, seats, floor, etc are in pretty good shape. I am desperately looking for parts, vintage era preferred, for a cool throwback finished product. Any idea where I can find such an animal? I will post pics when I get her cleaned up. Thanks in advance for all of your help. I really enjoy the site.

gregtobin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JBD- can you post more pictures?
I'll take a bunch on Saturday and then post them next week.

Greg