200 Horizons blower help

BigBlueIron

Cadet
Hello all, newbie here just recently purchased a boat last march 95 200 Horizons 5.0EFI/ford, cobra/sx, has about 850 hours on it in good shape overall I may get flamed for this but I like my ford/volvo combo! As a ford guy I have good knowledge of the engine, as my buddy put it "leave it to you to find the only boat with a Ford engine in it"

And from what Ive read the Volvo/SX version of the OMC cobra is a good unit. That being said purty sure I gotta replace my gimbal bearing this spring, but that's not what this post is about.

The problem I knew my blower fan died late in the season on was on my winter repair list so I go to see what size it is 3 or 4 inch I noticed I have two tubes that don't go anywhere! one tube goes to the bilge the to mounted fan then tube coming off it just lays back down in the engine compartment! Basically blowing in a circle. The other tube is ran right along side of the first minus the blower both of these are on the port side of the engine.

What i desperately need is picture of the same type of boat with the same plastic vents on back under the sundeck how the heck are the hoses attached to the vent? and I'm also guessing there should be two more (intake) hoses ran also. Best I can tell they route under the back side and I see holes but it very hard to access or see for that matter

I have searched and searched and found plenty of pics that are not my boat many with the easy to see, and access side vents.

Four Winns owners please help!! I also posted in the general discussion

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 200 Horizons blower help

My 1992 Horizon 200 has two vent tubes attached to the hull-mounted grille.
One tube goes directly to the bilge and is meant to supply fresh air when the boat is at speed.
The second tube goes to the blower, and another section goes from the blower to the low point of the bilge. This is meant to allow the blower to extract air from the bottom of the bilge and expel it through the grille.

BigBlueIron

Cadet

Thanks for the reply! Our your grill/vents on the back of your boat under the sundeck or on the side?

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the reply! Our your grill/vents on the back of your boat under the sundeck or on the side?

The location of the grilles (side or stern) shouldn't have any influence on the blower pipe arrangement.

Four Winns located the grilles on the sides in 1991; they relocated the grilles to the stern in 1992. My boat is an early 1992 and has the grilles on the side, in error. The boat is 22 years old so I guess it's too late to make a warranty claim.