95 Sundowner engine circuit breaker question

anderdea

Cadet
I have a 95, 195 sundowner with the fuel injected ford 5.0 engine. Last Tuesday after turning off the ignition for about a half hour, I couldn't restart the engine. I didn't have dash gauges or starter. The battery was fine. After being towed back to the boat launch and getting it on the trailer and home, I started trouble shooting. All fuses were fine and at this point I'm not sure what fixed it. I hate it when that happens! I pulled apart the two large molex connectors under the console and I think that was what finally fixed the issue. The ignition switch and safety switch with the lariat all checked out fine.

My main question here is. Looking at my Volvo Penta manual and reading the similar issues on the ifourwinns forum (which I keep getting errors on when I try to register) says that there is an "ECA, Trim and dash panel circuit breaker" at the front of the engine. When I look at my engine it is identical to the one in my service manual but I'll be damned if I can see any pushable circuit breaker in that front left top area of the engine. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 95 Sundowner engine circuit breaker question

The circuit breakers on mine are mounted to the starboard side exhaust riser. Hard to miss.

anderdea

Cadet
Re: 95 Sundowner engine circuit breaker question

The circuit breakers on mine are mounted to the starboard side exhaust riser. Hard to miss.

I was finally able to register on the ifourwinns forum also and a person with the same boat as I have said the following.

"As you look at the engine, on the left exhaust manifold riser is a panel with 2 (or 3) red breaker buttons. I have the 5.0 Ford same as you, and that's where mine are."