Need Advice On Hull Thickness of A 96 Horizon 190

MT_Boater

Recruit
Hey, I have a Four Winns 1996 Horizon 190 That I just bought a few months ago and have also bought a "ICE" BIG AIR Wakeboard tower. They say that if your hull is less than 3/8'' thick you need to reinforce the hull. Does anyone know how thick the hull is on this boat? I am very new to boat ownership and would just like a little advice since I can not find this anywhere online. Thanks!

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Need Advice On Hull Thickness of A 96 Horizon 190

Welcome to iBoats . . .

When you say 'hull', I would assume that you are referring to the 'cap' of the boat where you will be installing the wake tower (right?). The thinkness of the material in the cap of the boat is probably not well documented

The only way to know for sure is to measure the depth once you have drilled the holes needed for installation of the tower. However, I would plan on putting in backing plates as an added measure of reinforcement. You will be less likely to have issues later on with the additional reinforcement of backing plates.

MT_Boater

Recruit
Re: Need Advice On Hull Thickness of A 96 Horizon 190

Yes, that is correct. I wasn't sure if anyone knew how thick for sure before drilling. I might just have to put on the backing plates just to make sure. Thanks!