2000 Four Winns Body Work

zwolfe

Recruit
I didn't know whether showing this might give someone an idea for fixing up their boat. All I wanted to do was repair a few gel-coat issues and you know how one thing leads to another.

The "before" picture shows a plain Jane boat. That's my better half whom I don't deserve. The gel coat repairs were required because the previous owner made a habit of beaching the boat on a sandy shore. "It's just sand", right? Correct if not for the rocks IN the sand.

boat.jpg

To achieve the checkered look, we first painted the rear wraparound with white. Then, using automotive masking paper we measured & drew the lines on it with a slight curve, laying it out like a checker board. Then, using an exacto-knife we just peeled off every other square so that exposed square would be receiving red paint.

Boat Job 2.jpg

Then we shot the red paint and pulled the gun away at the back of the boat for a fading effect.

Boat Job 1.jpg

We did the trailer exactly like the boat only opposite, and this hurts because red paint is INSANE-LY expensive! I should have used a low grade brand like Crossfire but instead it is Martin Senour from your NAPA store.

Trailer.jpg

This is how it turned out.

Boat_Side.jpg