Boat Graphics, Stencils etc.

puryersc

Cadet
I have a 1989 Four Winns Liberator 201 and although shiny when I bought it last April it had evidence of gel coat blooming etc. Over the summer months it's now much worse. I have tried polishing but I think it'll have to be 1000 grade wet and dry.

So reluctantly, if a job worth doing I may as well jump in with both feet. I'll remove the aged and untidy original stickers before commencing but once polished what do I replace them with? I don't fancy all the original pin-striping, or colour schemes for that matter so I'm keen to see what others owners have done. Currently my boat has a maroon(ish) coloured hull, but with polishing this changed to a pink hue and under the original stickers it was definitely red. Ideally I'd like to get the boat back to it's original colour, whatever shade of red that happens to be.

I've searched for ideas on the net and these forums but couldn't really find anything. Having a lack of imagination pictures of restored boats welcome, or links to design sites that could help very much appreciated, thanks.

..or here's an idea. Anybody had their boat vinyl wrapped? You get a funky design and no need to polish the gelcoat before hand. I've seen commercial road vehicles wrapped so it's got to be pretty weather resistant but not sure how it would cope in a marine environment. Discuss... as they would say :)

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat Graphics, Stencils etc.

I've seen PWCs wrapped, but only above the waterline.