19XX Saf-t-mate..HELP!

thephoneman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Greetings,
I just picked up an unknown year and model saf-t-mate in a trade. The registration says "Admiral" but the foil tag is all ripped up except for the bottom where is it says Saf-t-mate Cadillac Mi. It has a 1967 Johnson Super Seahorse 60hp on it with the old school dual shifter thing on it. Im going to post this on the big board as well but if you can give me any help on this i'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
boat2.jpg

boat4.jpg

boat1.jpg

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: 19XX Saf-t-mate..HELP!

The way the sole (floor) and sides are constructed and painted tells me that it is for sure a Saf-T-Mate. I have no idea what model it is. The windshield is obviously not original.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it is a '67 since that is what the motor is.

pctec860

Recruit

Have you found out what model and year your boat is? I just traded for a boat that looks very similar to yours, but I have no info on it.
If you have any info that might be helpful to me I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2

Have you found out what model and year your boat is? I just traded for a boat that looks very similar to yours, but I have no info on it.
If you have any info that might be helpful to me I would appreciate it.

it's a 1967, 15'ft long,1500 lb capacity if thats not what you wanted to know just ask me what it is you want to know

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If it's a Saf-T-Mate why are you posting your question in the Four Winns forum?

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

Saf-T-Mate is the company that the Four Winns bought in 1975. They continued to make the Saf-T-Mate boats for several years and for a while they were called Saf-T-Mate by Four Winns.

pctec860

Recruit

Have you found out what model it is? From what I have found so far is it appears to be a Commander. But I am not sure and there isn't alot of information around about these anymore.

1aviationnut

Recruit

Have you found out what model it is? From what I have found so far is it appears to be a Commander. But I am not sure and there isn't alot of information around about these anymore.

SafTMate Admiral
Max HP 100
Year: About 1971
Boat shown missing: Bow rail, Back-to-Back Seats, Cloth top, Interior Side Panels, Horn, Original Windshield, Teleflex