• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four Winns Transom Leak

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Winns Transom Leak

I have a 1997 240 Horizon Four Winns. A marina told me that the engine/outdrive are 1994. The engine is a 454 chevy with a OMC King Cobra outdrive. I have a small water leak coming into the the engine compartment. It appears that the water is coming in from the Transom area. Is there a seal between the Transom and the outside of the boat? Is the Transom difficult to remove? Thanks

Re: Four Winns Transom Leak

WB,I would repost your question in the repair section. The people who know the answer won't look here.

Comment

Hey WB, KM2 is right and sorry I missed this one.Boat restoration forum.

"JUST KEEP ON, KEEPING ON"
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Comment

I had a similar problem with my 89' 180 horizon. The "bellows" or gaskets where the outside meet the inside were leaking. I was taking on water only when I was driving "not a whole lot" but not parked. It wasn't an easy job, guy did it on the side for about $800.

Comment

Working...
        X