1995 Four Winns Fling Turbo Jet Boat, Help!!

Rudee

Recruit
1995 Four Winns Fling Turbo Jet Boat, Help!!

We bought a 1995 Fling Turbo Jet Boat and it blows white smoke and does not have all the energy it should have. We are in the process of checking it over now to see if any major work has to be done on it. Unfortuneately in the manual it does not tell us what the normal compression specifications are. We have done the compression check on the motor while it is cold and we came up with Upper 135 and lower 130 on the starboard side and upper 130 and lower 130 on the port side. Can anyone tell us if these are normal for this boat. The manual tells us we can have 15 psi difference between the cylinders, so we are okay there. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter. Thanks

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling Turbo Jet Boat, Help!!

Rudee you will have better luck getting answers to you questions if you post them in the outboard repair section. Just click on the link below for a shortcut.<br /><br /> Johnson Evinrude Outboard Motor Repair

njlarry609

Cadet

Rudee,<br />I'm not a mechanic but those numbers look good. I have the same engine with 120 to 125. Different gauages will likley read differently but so long as they are even like yours you're ok.<br />You have the same power train as a Boston Whaler 15' Rage. Look at Whaler sites like Continuous Curve for alot of info on this jet.

steambill

Recruit

We bought a 1995 Fling Turbo Jet Boat and it blows white smoke and does not have all the energy it should have. We are in the process of checking it over now to see if any major work has to be done on it. Unfortuneately in the manual it does not tell us what the normal compression specifications are. We have done the compression check on the motor while it is cold and we came up with Upper 135 and lower 130 on the starboard side and upper 130 and lower 130 on the port side. Can anyone tell us if these are normal for this boat. The manual tells us we can have 15 psi difference between the cylinders, so we are okay there. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter. Thanks
I had the same problem. Mine is a 98 with oil injection. The gas would syphon back to tank and oil would flow back through fuel combination oil pump into the gas line...Blue smoke. Poor starts.
Put a new in line fuel ball check valve . Disconnect the oil line to fuel pump and plug both ends of hose. Mix the gas with evinrude 30 outboard motor oil 30/1 for a start. Enjoy smoke free boating and good starts. PS. replace spark plugs. These fuel and oil injection pumps are prone to over supplying oil. It might also be a good idea to check plastic suction line in gas tk. located under seat. Mine was cracked at the top of tank causing air to get in line and loss of suction. good luck

SeaTea

Cadet
White smoke is usually indicative of water getting into the combustion chamber, which means a blown head gasket. A compression test may not reveal this, only a leak down test would. Are you sure it's white and not blue?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Guys - This is a very old topic. Please don't reply to topics with no activity for 90 or more day. Thanks.