1968 Formula 19Ft.

Cyndilea

Recruit
A friend of mine just bought a 19ft. 1968 Formula I/O We're trying to find out what original color it might have been. Its yellow right now. The registration doesn't state color.
We're also looking for any other information about it we can find. It's solid and runs great. Needs some cosmetics is all. We've been searching the web but haven't come up with much. Was it Thunderbird back then or Formula? Paperwork only says Formula.

Fisherking1

Recruit
Re: 1968 Formula 19Ft.

I do believe that Yellow was an original color offered. I have friends that have had 23 footers with this color.
In a movie whose name escapes me where there is a runaway cruise ship appoaching a dock in the Bahamas I believe you will see a yellow vintage Formula crushed by the cruseliner.
H0pe this helps.
I have a 1968 26'9" Formula

hsamler

Recruit
Re: 1968 Formula 19Ft.

I also have a 19 foot formula that I am restoring. Yellow is the original color. This is the original formula manufactured in Miami. It's a great boat. Just rebuilt the transom. This one's an outboard but originally had an I/O that my dad bought in 68. Just curious, do you have a pic?