88 f26pc

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer
Just got it and haven't even got it home yet. What do you guys already know that I should watch out for? Everything looks good and it has some minor electrical and cosmetic issues. (like the O fell off on the port side and I need a new one)

I'm hauling it from Detroit to MS on a triple axle trailer that I don't think was factory. It has some strange bearing buddies. They look like buddies. But, the alamites go directly into the spindles and doesn't move in or out with the grease level.

We also need a winter cover and some new eisenglass(?) for the camper cover.

Any info is appreciated.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 88 f26pc

We are still working our way back. I have figured out that the three chrome knobs that stick out on the starboard side are vents for the tanks(fuel, waste, water).

What is the easiest way to clean out the waste tank? I had thought I would just pull through and dump at the same place as the campers. But, that thing is like 8' off the ground when it is on the trailer.

I called Formula and they emailed me a wiring diagram and confirmed that many of the items I was asking about were not stock. There are 4 little Perko outlets(?) at each corner aft of the radar arch and there are six flush deck rod holders. They said none of that was stock and his best guess was that the connectors were for some type of electric fishing reels.

The Guest remote spotlight is also not stock and only moves up and down so I'll be digging into that as well.

I am considering redoing the bimini style camper enclosure to a partial hardtop similar to the new models. That will be a challenge.