• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORMULA (Thunderbird)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA (Thunderbird)

Anyone interested in a Forum for FORMULA's ? I have a Formula 31PC

Re: FORMULA (Thunderbird)

I dont have a Formula but I would not hesitate for a moment to buy one if the right deal came along....So I say yes to a forum..

Comment

I have a vintage TBird...one that was made in their Paso Robles California factory way back then...Chuck

Comment

Hi,
        I like your thinking. I am new to this forum, but I collect vintage formula outboards, and I am always interested to talk anything formlua. Do you have one or quite a few, I personally am looking to add number 9 to my collection. I like the deep V hulls, and I am always interested in buying any V-hull formula especially outboards.

Comment

We have a 1986 Formula 25 Pc with a new egine and drive. Amazing boat smooth ride and nice handleing for a its size and weight
          Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care.

Comment

I bought a 1974 Formula 180 recently. Still a bit of work to do after a failed first day on the water.
            Gene Brown
            1974 Thunderbird Formula 180,
            Mercruiser 888, Ford 302, Holley
            1958 Rhones 18 (winter project)
            sigpic

Comment

hope you all have better luck with yours. i purchased one that seems to have everything going wrong and i haven't put 20 hrs on it in two years of ownership!

latest is an apparent leak in one of the two fuel tanks (31pc)

getting all to familiar with pulling the engines!

Comment

I have been doing some searching on hear about Thunderbirds and don't find much. I just bought a 1978 Thunderbird and am interested in learning more about them so, I too would be interested in a Formula Forum.

It's a little quiet in this thread.

Comment

We Have A 78 255 Liberator[wave Crusher] Wish Wehad A Site!!!

Comment

POST SOME PICS everybody!! Especially of that 255 Liberator and all of those SWEET vintage, pre-70s Formula 233s!
                    --John
                    I LOVE VINTAGE FORMULAS!

Comment

Re: 1978 FORMULA 255 - fully restored

I have a 100% restored 1978 Formula 255 with a completely rebuilt Ford 351 and a 4 Barrel Holley. My father bought the boat new and I purchased it from him four years ago. A vintage Formula forum would be great!!

Comment

Re: 1978 FORMULA 255 - fully restored

Originally posted by Audemars View Post
                        I have a 100% restored 1978 Formula 255 with a completely rebuilt Ford 351 and a 4 Barrel Holley. My father bought the boat new and I purchased it from him four years ago. A vintage Formula forum would be great!!
                        Audemars, your story sound familiar. Is this your boat here? http://www.formulaboats.com/vintage_...DreamBoat.aspx

Post some pics!!!

I'm guessing you're into watches, too, by your screen name.

--John
                        --John
                        I LOVE VINTAGE FORMULAS!

Comment

you're good..... yes on both counts!

don't know why I can download them...... send me your email and I will send you pictures of the boat from this past weekend...........

Comment

We Are Starting A Vintage Formula Club Here In Indiana.:d

Comment

Where in Indiana? What are the details? I don't have a Formula yet, but I'm keeping my eyes out for a nice pre-'70 233 with the teak trim inside the gunwhales to restore.
                              --John
                              I LOVE VINTAGE FORMULAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X