Quality of a Fisher

scubanarc

Recruit
Hey guys,

I am looking at a 2001 Fisher FS 186 at the local dealer. It's in amazing condition... not been run much at all. The owners were old and barely used it before selling it to the dealer. It nada's out at $10k, they are asking $13.5k because of the like new condition (includes lowrance x38 fish finder, 45lb foot controlled electric trolling motor, cobra CB radio, live well, live bait, bimini). Trailer is like new (single axel with guides), tires and batteries are like new. All upholstery is like new. It looks like it came straight from the factory.

The out-drive is an alpha, the motor is a 4.3 liter mercury.

Any gotchas with this boat that you can think of? Is this a decent boat, or does it pale in comparison to something like an alumaweld?

Any advice for the check out float on Friday?

- scubanarc

Attachments

• fisher_hawk_186_fs_4.7.jpg
    fisher_hawk_186_fs_4.7.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
  • fisher_hawk_196_fs_profile.jpg
    fisher_hawk_196_fs_profile.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0

feklar

Cadet
Re: Quality of a Fisher

I think its over priced. The accessories (trolling motor and fish finder) are old enough if something goes wrong you will probably end up replacing. Don't be too excited about tires and batteries, that is just a couple hundred bucks.

I'd take the motor to a mechanic and have them look it over closely. Check the prop and lower unit, and all the livewells, etc. See if it takes on any water during the float trip (ie, don't turn the bilge pump on and when you put it back on the trailer see how much water leaks out). Look at the wiring near the battery, did someone take their time and do it right, or are they poor crimp connectors?