2000 Fisher Avenger Pro 17, need help

HJohnLM

Recruit
My Fisher boat suffered a broken windshield after tons of snow & ice collapsed my winter shelter onto the boat. Can anyone suggest where to find a used or surplus replacement windshield, marked Taylor Made (curved safety glass) The dealer quotes appx $1700.00 and does not guarantee that it will fit as it is a generic replacement, and not necessarily the same as the one Fisher specified.The original manufacturer in Florida requires part & style numbers which I don't have. There has to be a more economical way to repair or replace the windshield.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 2000 Fisher Avenger Pro 17, need help

Was it a framed winshield? There is a chance that a good glass shop can make one or get one. Here we have a Portland Glass and I can't speak for other places (maybe it is just the manager) but they do custom work at a fair price.

Have you tried Fisher boats (now Tracker Marine) customer service?

1700 wow that's an entire rowboat and motor!

HJohnLM

Recruit

Yes, It Is An Aluminum Framed Windshield With, Two Curved Sections, The Center Walk Through And Two Side Wings, Very Similar To The Original Tracker Targa 17 Equivalent Model. The Windashield Was Made By Water-bonnet In Florida. The Newer Three Piece Designs Are About 5" Less In Horizontal Depth Front To Back At The Side Wings.the Only Indication On The Remaining Good Side Is "taylor-made,as2,dot61"

Man, for $1700 I'd start calling used boat yards. Here in MN it's hard to drive very far from the city and not find huge lots full of old boats. There's got to be a similar piece of glass sitting on an otherwise useless parts boat.

You might try taking a picture of it (or maybe grab one that you've already got) and email it to a few used boat places.