Is Doral back in Business?

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have posted to their FB page and got replies but I have been asking for a contact number. Can anyone here help. I would like to buy some replacement carpet for my 250SE if they are actually back in business and have parts available once again or at least who supplied certain things may be I can go direct.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have posted to their FB page and got replies but I have been asking for a contact number. Can anyone here help. I would like to buy some replacement carpet for my 250SE if they are actually back in business and have parts available once again or at least who supplied certain things may be I can go direct.

If they aren't responding, IMO, that isn't a good sign, but this was listed for Doral International's MIC:
[h=2]DORAL INTERNATIONAL INC[/h]
MIC:QJA Status:In Business
Company:DORAL INTERNATIONAL INC Company Official:ST-ONGE, LUC
Parent Company: Parent MIC:
Address:1991 THIRD AVENUE City:GRAND MERE
State:QC Zip:G9T2W6
Fax:8195386330 In Business:11/9/1999 0:00
Out of Business: Date Modified:4/28/2011 0:00
Type:Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats
Inboard/Outboard, Sterndrive, Inboard/Outdrive
Addtional Address:
Comments:
PREVIOUSLY USED MIC (ZDB) PER CANADIAN CG.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not the expert but many brands come back but is jut a name that was bought so old parts are not always avail

jbcurt00

Staff member
not the expert but many brands come back but is jut a name that was bought so old parts are not always avail

Since a new MIC was issued, I'd bet that's exactly what happened, bought the rights to the name, back in 2011 by the looks of the USCG record. I'd still be leary if you've tried to contact the company repeatedly via FB, to no avail, but you can try the ph# listed in the MIC details I posted. Might get lucky.....

Doral boats has had 3 different MICs, all 3 in QC, not sure how typical that is, but IMO, that too makes me leary.

Doral International Marine has a Facebook page
and back in January posted the following:
Not sure how factual it is, but it seems they have boats coming off the line. Can anyone comment?
Why the interest PV?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Except for one pic of a "new boat" coming off the line, everything is old. Old tests, old pictures, old everything. It may be coming back, but it isn't back yet. The production line pic is probably an unfinished hull from the shutdown that they are finishing- A guess on my part. Where are real pics of production and model specs? Dorals aren't cheap boats and they're using FB to sell? I find that underwhelming. IMHO