Adding A Windlass

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am interested in looking at putting a windlass on my 2000 250SE? Wondering what may be a recommended model that makes installation relatively painless. I see wiring is present already to add this feature

Sleddinvern

Recruit
I just added a windlass to my 2004 Monticello last week and it is quite easy. I went with the lewmar pro series 700h. There is enough room to mount it on front and easy to see from the cockpit. I went with a horizontal because they r faster and tend to not jamb as much. I run 1/4" bbb chain for 150'. Makes it nice. Ur boat has some controls prewired, but mine didn't have power wires ta up there. The only factory stuff I used was the switch on my dash. The rest came in the kit. I found it easiest to remove the drivers side interior speaker and that shelf to run the wires behind. I was able to go into the bathroom and open the mirror to get access behind the dash easily to use a fish tape to go from the speaker to the center area, then it was easy to fish from the enter spot to the engine compartment from the bathroom also. Definitely need two people though and in the engine compartment u will need to tear the insulation a little to find the fish tape. Having my water heater on the passenger side made it much easier though. I put my breaker and contactor on the firewall close to the distribution panel but within reach of the small hatch just in case it trips. Let me know if I can offer anymore advice or even take pics for u if need?