1990 Doral Citation helm seat sources

Markster

Cadet
Hello.
Im a new owner of a 26 foot doral citation. This is the first boat of this size for me and i'm really looking forward to spring when i can put this boat in the water and try it out.
I plan on spending the winter sprucing it up and replacing those pieces that a 25 year old boat needs replaced.
First up is a new helm seat. This boat comes with the bucket style seat that needs replacing.
Does anyone know a source of these seats, or have experience replacing the seat with a different style that works well ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Hello.
Im a new owner of a 26 foot doral citation. This is the first boat of this size for me and i'm really looking forward to spring when i can put this boat in the water and try it out.
I plan on spending the winter sprucing it up and replacing those pieces that a 25 year old boat needs replaced.
First up is a new helm seat. This boat comes with the bucket style seat that needs replacing.
Does anyone know a source of these seats, or have experience replacing the seat with a different style that works well ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

:welcome: to iboats

You have two ways to fix the seat, either reupholster or replace. In the replacement category you can google "boat seats" and the like and come up with various designs If your looking at a full retro fit then this mat be the way to go. Here is just one of many links
Edit: http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Seats-Pon...view_id.473663

Now if you want to make it look original then reupholster is the way to go

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
# 1 - Some pics of the seats you have now.

# 2 - The host of this fine forum sells replacement seats. iboats Boat Seats

# 3 - Re-upholster if you want original looking seats.

Last edited:

Markster

Cadet
Thanks for the welcome. The boats in storage but i'll get some pics when i go to check on it.
So far I've replaced the carpet and refinished the woodwork inside.
Since i don't know the history of the boat, i went ahead and pulled outdrive. Once i saw the bellows had oil in it I knew the upper drive seal was shot. Since i had no means to set the bearing preload, i sent the drive out to have the seal replaced. While i was waiting i rebuilt the water pump, changed the three bellows and gimbal bearing, lubed the yoke/knuckle and aligned the engine. Everything is back together and functioning as designed. Can't wait till spring!