1998 Doral 250 sc water line leak

mpaschall

Recruit
I just hooked in a water hose to my water system on my 1998 Doral 250 SC and heard a leak in the head at the sink. The problem is there is no way that I can see to access the water lines going to the sink. The whole room is fiberglass and looks like one piece that may have been set in place when the boat was built. I really hate to cut into that. Anyone with any ideas??

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class
you can access those pipes from the aft cabin, by removing the left hand wall (as you look at the cherry babinets)

mpaschall

Recruit
I do have a cabinet on the left side. It is about 6 inches wide and on the right wall of that cabinet I see an access about 1 foot square. It has about 6 screws holding a cover over the access. Unless the whole wall(other side of the cabinet) comes out, I will not be able to get back to the sink. My head will not fit thru the cabinet door to even look for the leak.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 90 Prestancia, granted bigger older boat, but I accessed mine by removing the refrigerator in the galley and accessed the head sink that way. Not sure if you have same or similar set up. Just offering.